Module 6: Sprint Design & Facilitation
Why should you use this method?
- To create a sense of urgency amongst the team members
- To create excitement within the team
- To make the team members feel important
What is a sprint invitation?
A sprint invitation is sent to invite your team members to be a part of the sprint journey. The invitation should create excitement and a sense of urgency within the team. Ensure that everyone who gets invited understands why this project is so important. The goal is to make an impact with this innovation.
An invite should include:
- Why this project, this change, why we should do this project at all (why change?)
- Why this project needs to happen now (why now?)
- Why they are the right team to conquer this (why this team?)
- Some inspiration that will get them thinking
How can you apply this method?
0. Decide on your team
Select members to be part of the sprint team.
1. Formulate the invite
Before sending the invite, formulate the invite answering all the questions regarding the sprint. (Why this project? Why the urgency? Why are they invited to be part of this sprint?)
2. Find an inspiration
Along with the invite, search for something inspiring to send that is related to the project.
3. Send the invite
With the invitation and inspiration ready, send out the invite in a creative way. For example, with some catchy phrases, graphics, etc.
Pen, paper, template