The link was copied to the clipboard!
Module 7: Innovation Finance & Metrics
Why should you use this method?
- Get your listeners attention and then
- Be invited to have a more detailed presentation and conversation
What is an elevator pitch?
An elevator pitch is a 30s-to-one-minute short presentation of your project, and uses a story to answer the “what, how and why”-formula, it's concise and short. The name comes from the idea of pitching your project to a boss or someone hard to reach during an elevator ride. However, a short and concise pitch can be a great door opener in a lot of situations!
Tips and Tricks:
- Speak slowly (average of 75 words in 30s). This demonstrates confidence and competence
- Use a template (find above) to formulate your thoughts
- Be ready with your pitch, you never know when an opportunity presents itself
- Remove confusing or unfamiliar industry jargon
- Don’t add fillers and annoy the listener
- To improve your pitch, you can work on it together with the storytelling template.
What’s up next?
If you were successful and are invited to present your idea in a bigger setting, have a look on the method cards of presenting a project idea and presenting a business idea.
Or maybe you want to prepare a pitch about you and your work to introduce yourself in the future?
Pen, Paper/ Table template