Module 7: Innovation Finance & Metrics
Why should you use this method?
- Convey complex ideas into simple ones
- Sell a project more effectively
- Establish an emotional connection with your audience and let them relate to your message in a more meaningful way
What is a good story?
A good story should touch your audience, be strong and leading, and be forward-oriented. The elements of a good story are:
- Add a character of the story and their characteristics (Persona)
- Talk about the obstacle or challenge your character is facing.
- Redraw the connection to your audience
- Offer a solution.
- Concentrate on the WHY instead of HOW.
The storyline template gives you a clear structure and helps you to develop a compelling story step by step.
How can you apply this method?
1. Invite your team
Invite your team members for a short activity to prepare the storyline using the template.
2. Fill out the preparation
State the subject of the project, background information on the audience, and the goal that you want to achieve with this storyline.
3. Set the scene
Here you mention your main character, their characteristics, beliefs, behavior, thoughts, emotions, and goals they are trying to achieve.
4. Encounter the obstacle
Here you introduce the main character's challenge, support it with some proof, and introduce a common ground with the audience.
5. The success
This section states the solution, connects it to the target audience, and shares the solution's value for both your main character and your audience.
6. Note down the conclusion
Summarize your story with an AHA moment, a key sentence for your audience to remember. Then, share your call to action. What do you ultimately want from your listeners?
What's up next?
Printed template or online collaboration tool, sticky notes, markers