The link was copied to the clipboard!
Module 8: User Experience Design
Why should you use this method?
- To design better human experiences
- To make the interaction with the prototype a memorable experience
- Easier to spot the areas for improvement
Common behavioral patterns
Understanding human psychology and behavior is critical to design better user experiences. Through observations and qualitative research, such patterns can be identified.
1. Users tend to take the easy route possible.
- If they know how to interact with other products or services similar in nature, it is hard for them to change their habits
- Users expect certain functionalities to be located in certain places
2. Elements that are located close to each other are perceived as one group.
3. An element is perceived as a focal point or background is based on contrast, brightness or colors.
- A well-thought-out color palette can elevate a design from “good” to “great”
- Colors and the way they are combined have a huge emotional impact on the users
- There are cultural differences associated with each color based on the intended audience for the product or service
4. Sometimes, users get overwhelmed with options and may not choose anything at all.
Less is more
But users might get less frustrated if plenty of options are structured
5. Language, voice and tone are integral parts of designing a user experience.
It helps brands communicate trust and build lasting relationships in a meaningful context