Module 1: User Discovery & Needfinding
An alternative approach to competing for existing customers is to grow your industry by identifying a demand that exists beyond your industry to the so-called non-customers. These are buyers that do not buy into your industry, product, or service yet, but could be convinced in the future.
Non-customers should be identified and categorized as follows:
- “Soon-to-be”, non-customers: Not yet active in your industry but can be reached easily.
- “Refusing”, non-customers: These customers purposefully opt out of certain industries.
- “Unexplored”, non-customers: Customers that are part of overlook opportunities.
Identifying different non-customer tiers, their behaviors, and drivers, allows you to develop a strategy on how to get them interested in what you have to offer.
- Generates a better understanding of current non-customers
- Helps identify new opportunity spaces to bring non-customers on board