The link was copied to the clipboard!
Module 2: Problem-Solving & Idea Evaluation
The “Yes, and...” warm-up aims at building a positive mindset and iterate on others’ ideas.
To facilitate this warm-up, follow the following steps:
- Have participants form small groups (3-4 people) or pairs and tell them they will plan an activity, for example, a party.
- In the first round, each time someone proposes an idea, someone else should answer with “Yes, BUT...“ (the reason why this is not going to work).
- In the second round, the response should be “Yes, AND..." (add something that builds on the first idea).
Debrief the change of group energy between the first and second round and what kind of ideas came out in the two sessions.
- Creates a positive and open mindset
- Building on each other
- Stimulates creative thinking
no materials needed, just team participation