The link was copied to the clipboard!
Module 3: Prototyping, Testing & Experimentation
Role Play is a technique through which you or your users perform a hypothetical service experience. You imply that the service already exists and build a potential journey through some of its functionalities.
During Role Play, you can communicate better, and the user can understand the functionalities of your idea. This is especially useful for services/experiences in scenarios where communication barriers exist. Alternatively, you can start to act out the service within the team while other team members try to spot opportunities for improvement.
To get started:
- Define and assign the different roles: the customer, the service provider, etc.
- Create physical artifacts that are used during the interaction.
- Have cameras or mobile phones ready to record the role play.
- Encourage interactions
- Reveals relationships and major customer touch-points
- Facilitates storytelling
- Simulates a holistic customer experience
Materials for props actors, Optional: Camera, video recorder